10 Keys to Successful Speech Recognition
- Choose the right program for your needs.
- Use a good microphone.
- Position your microphone consistently.
- Use an excellent audio system -- USB or sound card.
- Don't forget your computer memory- 2GB+ if using Windows XP, 4GB+ for Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Enunciate your words -- consistently.
- Build your vocabulary using the tools provided (but not obvious).
- Plan to practice -- two to five hours to start.
- Obtain help if you become frustrated.
- Don't YELL at your computer!
Dragon Cheat Sheet
Print this, copy this, memorize this -- these are the commands that will be most valuable when starting to use NaturallySpeaking. You have permission to copy this for your own use. I suggest putting a copy where you can see it while dictating.
- Scratch That
- Undo That
- Delete Previous <n> Words
- Go to End of Document
- Select That
- Select <word or phrase>
- Correct That
- Correct <word or phrase>
Correction Box Commands
- Click File
- Click Save As
- Press <name of key>
To Add Words/Phrases
Updated February 2004